“Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.”
– Booker T. Washington
What is WIA?
The goal of the WIA program is to provide participants with the support, resources, training and motivation to complete their high school education.
Program eligibility requirements:
- Resisde in St. Clair County
- Be between the ages of 16 to 18.
- Meet family eligibility income guidelines (low income)
- Be faced with at least one situation that may hinder success such as: Needing assistance in reading or math, behind one academic grade, pregnant or parenting youth, homeless or runaway, foster child, or an offender.
|Family Size |
| 1|| $10,890|
| 2|| $14,710|
| 3|| $19,718|
| 4|| $24,343|
| 5 || $28,725|
| 6|| $33,600|
OR be from a family receiving public assistance or food stamps
In determining eligibility, the last 6 months of the family's income is taken into account
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- State ID/Letter of Residence
- Proof of Income