National Technical Honor Society (NTHS)
NTHS students John Rowling, Lindell George, Deven Potter and Advisor Lane Robinson with the Award
Career and Technical Education's Highest Award for Excellence
The National Technical Honor Society is the acknowledged leader in the recognition of excellence in career and technical education and a major scholarship source for its members. NTHS membership is recognized by business, industry, and education as the hallmark of student achievement and leadership.
Today, more than 3,000 schools and colleges are affiliated with the Society. Member schools agree that NTHS encourages higher achievement, cultivates a desire for personal excellence, and helps top students find success in today's highly competitive workplace.
Joining NTHS is an important career investment, respected by business, industry, and education that will add value and prestige to your professional portfolio.
Student candidates must meet national and local membership standards and should be persons who have demonstrated scholastic achievement, skill development, leadership, honesty, responsibility and good character. Membership in a career/technical student organization (CTSO) is important for leadership development /career preparation and is strongly encouraged.
The student membership fee is a onetime $25 fee. Chapters may also add local dues to cover an induction ceremony and any other expenses they incur.
• NTHS membership materials including: custom certificate, presentation folder, member pin, ID card, window decal, white tassel, official NTHS diploma seal and general letter of recommendation customized for each student's career portfolio.
• Access to the secure online career center for a period of one year after graduation.
• NTHS scholarship opportunities including the Jon H. Poteat scholarship and others through our career/technical student organization partners.
• Access to requesting specific letters of recommendation for employment, college, or scholarships for a period of one year after graduation.
• Always listed in our national registry for recruitment opportunities by top U.S. colleges and corporations.