COUNTYWIDE AND CONTIGUOUS
Schools of Choice
The seven public school districts within St. Clair County participate in the contiguous and countywide Schools of Choice program each year as part of their continuing effort to provide a quality education to all students.
This countywide Schools of Choice program allows parents and students to choose which public school they would like to attend regardless of where they live in St. Clair County.
Schools of Choice booklet
This publication is designed to help parents learn about the Schools of Choice program, policies and procedures. Information about graduation requirements, application policies, timelines, athletics and transportation are included in the booklet.
2014-2015 Schools of Choice booklet
Schools of Choice application
2014-2015 Schools of Choice dates
For 2nd Semester starting Jan. 26, 2015
- Friday, Nov. 14: Districts to post which schools, grades have openings for Schools of Choice
- Friday, Nov. 21: RESA will place a notice in local newspapers
- Friday, Nov. 28: Applications available
- Wednesday, Dec. 17: Applications due to RESA by 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 9: Review process completed by districts and parent notification letters mailed
- Friday, Jan. 30: Completion of waiting list review
Parents are encouraged to visit the choice school prior to accepting the transfer. Schools may be contacted by interested parents to schedule a visit to your building.
Students do not need to reapply for admission to the same choice district each year once approved for transfer.