Pine River Nature Center
2585 Castor Road Goodells, MI 48027 - (810) 364-5477 - Fax (810) 364-5627
Owned and operated by St. Clair County Regional Educational Service Agency
The applicant is required to provide evidence of liability insurance for the event in the coverage amount of $1 million ($1,000,000). A copy of the insurance coverage must be attached to this application.
CONDITIONS OF USE
The Pine River Nature Center shall NOT be available to lease to private individuals or groups promoting activities subversive to the laws of the United States or any subdivision thereof, or to overthrow the government of the United States, or any state, by force, violence or other unlawful means.
The use of the Pine River Nature Center main building is subject to the following conditions:
1. Any injuries to individuals or damage or loss of the Pine River Nature Center facilities or equipment or damage or loss by individuals shall be the responsibility of the user. The user of the facility is required to provide evidence of adequate liability insurance coverage.
2. Smoking, alcohol, drugs, and gambling are not permitted.
3. Special permission must be obtained for decorating, installing scenery, moving furniture, etc. Any decorations must flame-proof.
4. St. Clair County RESA reserves the right to grant or cancel permission for building use at any time.
5. A custodian, Nature Center staff member, or RESA staff member must be present in the building whenever the facility is in use. Use after the first six hours adds $150/hour for additional coverage costs.
6. Sub-leasing of the facility is prohibited.
7. Adequate adult supervision is required at all times. The Applicant shall be responsible for the conduct and control of the patrons and participants and shall see that all state, municipal, and district regulations governing safety are followed and the people are denied access to non-approved areas of the facility.
8. No NATURE CENTER equipment may be used, other than that identified or provided for in prior agreement.
9. Cost for use of the Nature Center building is as outlined on the fee schedule.
10. The Applicant understands that RESA is not responsible for any personal injury, accident or loss of any kind to the Applicant or any individual in the Applicant's group. The Applicant acknowledges that RESA does not provide any individual insurance coverage to anyone other than RESA employees. The Applicant agrees to the use of the facility and grounds at their own risk.
A. All groups requesting use of the Pine River Nature Center shall submit the request on an approved application form and may be subject to pre-payment of all applicable estimated costs.
B. Costs shall apply to all groups and shall be sufficient to assure that the group activity is not supported in any manner by St. Clair County RESA funds. Scheduled functions which require added staff time to assure the safety and security of buildings, participants or equipment beyond the normal fee structure shall be levied completely to cover such costs. Basic fee structure is outlined on the fee schedule.
C. Applications must include a detailed account of the activity and specify the building areas and equipment to be used. All other building areas and equipment shall be deemed "off limits" during the activity. Failure to observe this rule will result in immediate removal of the activity and refusal to grant the sponsoring group future use of St. clair County RESA facility.
D. Individuals or groups shall not have access to the Pine River Nature Center. A custodian or other responsible staff member shall open and close all areas to be used.
Please complete the form below in its entirety