THE BUILDING WILL BE CLOSED ON FRIDAY, APRIL 28.
Come see us at Earth Fair! For details visit Earthdayfair.com
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Stop by the nature center building to:
- Borrow a self-guided trail booklet
- View our nature displays and live animals
- Register for programs
- Make a donation
- Use the restrooms
Open to the public daily from dawn to dusk. Trail maps are available outdoors.
Parking lot gates are locked weekdays at 4:15 p.m. There is a small after hours parking area.
- There is no charge to tour the Pine River Nature Center grounds and the main building.
- There is a fee for wedding and event rentals.
- Special educational programs may also have registration fees for special programs held at the nature center vary with the activity. Such events include, Summer Nature Club, scouting programs and environmental education programs.
Directions to the Pine River Nature Center
The Pine River Nature Center is at the center of St. Clair County, close to I-69 and Lapeer Road (Old M-21). The nature center is about 15 miles west of Port Huron on Castor Road, off of Lapeer Road. Go south on Castor about a half-mile. The nature center is the first driveway on the right just past the railroad tracks.
Map to the Pine River Nature Center
Pine River Nature Center
2585 Castor Road
Goodells, MI 48027
Take I-69 eastbound, exit at Wales Center Road and make a left. Then turn right (east) on Lapeer Road. Make a right (south) on Castor Road.
From Port Huron:
Take I-69 westbound, exit at Taylor Road and make a right. Make a left (west) on Lapeer Road. Drive about 3 miles west, then make a left (south) on Castor Road. Look for the Goodells County Park sign at the corner of Lapeer and Castor roads.
Take 1-94 eastbound from Detroit. Take the westbound I-69 exit as you approach Port Huron. Follow I-69 westbound, exit at Taylor Road and make a right (north) on Taylor. Make a left (west) on Lapeer Road. Drive about 3 miles west, then make a left (south) on Castor Road. Look for the Goodells County Park sign at the corner of Lapeer and Castor roads. Save Save Save