What is a regional educational service agency?
The St. Clair County Regional Educational Service Agency is one of 57 intermediate school districts in Michigan. It provides unique, cost-efficient support services to the county’s seven K–12 public school districts.
The mission of RESA is to help each student in St. Clair County reach his or her potential. We achieve this mission by operating programs, such as Woodland Developmental Center and St. Clair TEC, and by assisting local districts in their efforts.
RESA's driving principles
- Maintain financial stability while maintaining quality
- Assist local districts in reaching their goals
- Achieve and maintain excellence at Woodland and St. Clair TEC
- Promote consolidation of services
- Increase the number of students who pursue education after high school
- Increase the number of students who earn high school diplomas after dropping out or being expelled
- Maintain positive relationships with the Michigan Department of Education and the state of Michigan
About our communities and schools
St. Clair County boasts a widely diversified school community. Within our school districts are 12 high schools, 11 intermediate/junior high schools, 32 elementary schools, 11 public school academies, a technical education learning center, and a special education learning facility. Through these schools, each district provides educational services essential to fulfilling the needs of their communities.
The school districts of St. Clair County represent a diverse mix of cultures. The Port Huron Area School District operates in a middle sized city environment. East China, Marysville, and Algonac schools are in suburban areas. Memphis, Capac, and Yale schools are in rural settings. Because of our range of cultural settings, St. Clair County schools have developed a variety of cutting-edge programs to serve each community. We also developed a fiber-optic link between all the schools providing them shared access and Internet capabilities.
We are proud of the excellent education provided in each of our districts and enjoy the advantage of a well-rounded school community.