This department provides comprehensive and knowledgeable legal analysis to school district administrators on a variety of educational related issues, including:
- Legal research and advice: Performing legal research and providing advice and opinions on education related issues such as school administration, personnel, labor, special education, student related issues and more.
- Document drafting: Drafting operational policies and procedures, contracts and agreements, memos, and letters involving legal matters.
- Labor issues: Assisting in collective bargaining negotiations, reviewing and drafting language proposals, interpreting contract provisions, and responding to labor disputes and grievances.
- Student discipline: Interpreting the law, district policies, procedures, and student handbooks on discipline matters and conducting due process hearings.
- Legal seminars: Organizing and conducting legal awareness seminars.
Contact: Jean Sturtridge, ext. 4053.