2st Century Learning Symposium
An event for K–12 teachers, administrators, boards of education
and business and community leaders
Aug. 22, 2013
8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Registration starts at 7:30 a.m.)
Cost: Member-$30; In-county non-member-$75; Out-of-county-$100
Marysville High School
555 East Huron Blvd., Marysville, MI 48040
THE FUTURE OF EDUCATION: Innovative teaching practices an once unimagined technologies are converging to support transformative learning. Connect with educators and community leaders seeking to gain knowledge and fuel their passion for teaching and learning. Learn how to create environments that equip students with skills to be involved citizens — thinking, planning and acting — to change their world today and tomorrow.
CLICK TO REGISTER
If you need additional information or to cancel your registration, please contact Kris Murphy at (810) 455-4001 or email Kris Murphy.
Kevin Honeycutt, is a technology integrationist and staff developer from Central Kansas. He spent 13 years teaching K-12 art and now travels the country and the world sharing ideas with forward-thinking educators.
BREAKOUT SESSIONS AND EXHIBITS:
Here are a few of our breakout sessions. Please note sessions are 55 minutes long unless noted as a 2-hour hands-on session.
- The Daily Five in the Digital World
- Padding with Purpose: Elementary Teaching and Learning Strategies
- Investigate Sound and Music with Free Open Source Software (2 hour hands-on session)
- Learning is Beautiful: Leveraging the iPad as a Tool for Expression and Creativity (2 hour hands-on session)
- Store and Share Everywhere: Great Cloud-Based Services for Educators (2 hour hands-on session)
- iTunes: U-Create and Innovate
- How to Teach Pulley, Levers, Gears Using LEGO
- iPad to Create Interative Engagement in Learning (2 hour hands-on sesion)
- Yes, You Can! Implementing Blended Instruction in your K-12 Classroom this Year (2 hour hands-on session)
- Explore the New Technology of Augmented Reality
- Digital Workstations for the K-5 Classroom
- Camtasia Can Help Flip and Reach Students
- A New Model for Teacher Professional Learning
- Project-Based Physics
- Kindergarten Can
- What Do the Best Teachers Do?
- Platinum: $5,000 or more
- Gold: $2,000 to $5,000
- Silver: $2,000
- Bronze: In-kind contributions
THANK YOU TO OUR PLANTINUM SPONSOR: