What is the WriteWell© curriculum?
It is a new, carefully sequenced, coherent K–12 writing curriculum designed to meet Michigan writing standards and the Common Core State Standards.
The WriteWell© Curriculum is designed to provide instruction for a Writer's Workshop. A Writing Workshop Model naturally differentiaties to meet the needs of all students. Click to view how MTSS is within WriteWell©.
Teachers in action:
See how St. Clair County Teachers are using WriteWell in their classroom. Click to review these writing lessons:
Kindergarten: Writing Opinion Pieces
Grade 2: Comparison Writing with a Focus on Transition Words
Grade 3: Compare and Contrast
Grade 3: Comparative Essay
Grade 9: Writing and Reflecting/Scoring Personal Memoirs
Grade 10: Using Research and Databases for Writing
Grade 10: Explode the Moment
The WriteWell© curriculum:
- Aligns with Michigan's Common Core State Standards
- Includes prep for State Testing and SAT/MME
- Provides sound instruction and intense practice in writing
- Connects reading and writing
- Engages students and teachers in writer's workshop
- Provides aligned assessments
- Can be accessed any time on the Web