The nature center's primary purpose is to provide educational opportunities for local schools. Programs are offered free to public St. Clair County schools. Schools outside the county are charged a fee of $5 per student. Full-day and half-day programs are available. Please see our School Programs section to learn more.
The Pine River Nature Center is a nature preserve intended for educational purposes. Please help us maintain and protect the natural area.
- Help keep this natural preserve just the way you found it by not littering. Place trash into garbage bins.
- Enjoy a snack or small picnic that you bring from home at the treehouse or on one of our many picnic tables or benches on the trails.
- Enjoy our trails by walking, cross country skiing, snow shoeing, hiking or jogging. Bikes, horses and motorized vehicle are not permitted on the trails.
- Please leave your pets home. They disrupt the native wildlife.
- Enjoy taking lots of photos of the wonderful wildlife, but don't feed or release any wildlife.
- Stop to take in the beautiful flora and fauna of the nature center. Please don't take any home with you.