Scout Programs and Registration
The Pine River Nature Center provides fun and educational programs to help Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts fulfill badge requirements.
What you need to know
- We offer combined programs for several troops or dens.
- Register as soon as possible because programs fill quickly.
- Cancellations must be made at least one week before the program. If cancellation is not received within the allotted time and/or Scouts do not participate, the Scout leader is responsible for the registration fee.
- When programs have filled, there is no wait list. Spots may be available after payment due date.
- On school days, programs will begin at 4 or 4:30 p.m. There may also be day programs when school is not in session. It is highly recommended and appreciated if Scout groups arrive 10 minutes before the start time. This will ensure that all requirements for the badge are covered in a timely manner.
- A minimum of 10 Scouts and a maximum of 25 are required for all programs to run. If necessary, several groups can be combined to reach the minimum.
- Badge programs are typically 1-1/2 to 2 hours long. They focus on outdoor activities, so be sure to dress for the weather when your troop or pack visits.
- We do not provide badges/awards. Please contact your local Scout office to order them. In addition, we can't always meet every requirement, as some badges require extra work.