The Pine River Nature Center Building may be made available to school-sponsored groups (student, parent, and staff), public or private non-profit groups and business groups.
The use of the Pine River Nature Center building shall NOT be available to lease to private individuals or groups promoting activities subversive to the laws of the United States or any subdivision thereof, or to overthrow the government of the United States, or any state, by force, violence or other unlawful means.
The use of the Pine River Nature Center Building is subject to the following conditions:
- Any damage or loss of the Pine River Nature Center facilities or equipment shall be the responsibility of the user. The group must carry and provide evidence of adequate liability insurance coverage.
- Smoking, alcohol, drugs, and gambling are not permitted.
- Special permission must be obtained for decorating, installing scenery, moving furniture, etc. Any decorations must be flame-proof.
- St. Clair County RESA reserves the right to grant or cancel permission for building use at any time.
- A custodian, nature center staff member or RESA staff member must be present in the building whenever the facility is in use. Use after normal business hours adds $50/hour for additional coverage costs.
- Sub-leasing of the facility is not permitted.
- There must be adequate adult supervision at all times. The using group shall be responsible for the conduct and control of both patrons and participants and shall see that all state, municipal and district regulations governing safety are followed and that people are denied access to non-approved areas of the facility.
- No nature center equipment may be used, other than that stipulated by prior agreement.
- Cost for use of the nature center building is outlined on the fee schedule.