Strong Beginnings is a pilot program exploring the benefits of a publicly funded two-year preschool opportunity for children in Michigan.
RESA has received funding for two Strong Beginnings classrooms starting fall 2023
- Memphis Elementary School
- Port Huron Schools Early Childhood Center
- Each classroom can accept up to 14 children
- School-day-length schedule Monday through Thursday
- Children learn social, language, literacy, early math, and science skills in a safe and nurturing environment
- Instruction focuses on the social, emotional, and independence skills children need to be successful in school and beyond
The Strong Beginnings preschool program is free to eligible families.
Children must be 3 on or before September 1 of the school year in which they are enrolling.
Families will need documentation of their household income, child’s date of birth, and family’s address to submit their application.